Candice Ayala’s Upcycling challenge is a YEARLY challenge open to all interested sewists worldwide. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this challenge.
Each year the theme of the challenge will change including how the information is shared and collected; this information will become public once the new challenge opens up. The basic requirements are listed below:
Challenge entries must be submitted online via the form on our website. Entries must be received by 6:59 p.m. PST on the day of the deadline to be eligible.
If a contestant is under the age of 18, his or her parent must submit the entry on their behalf.
All entries MUST include a BEFORE picture of the original materials used and a minimum of two color photographs of the AFTER completed project. Pictures must be sent/ attached as separate files and not as a collage.
- Pictures can be action shots or flat lays.
- Preferably high resolution photos.
- Pictures submitted with logos are fine.
You are welcome to send any additional pictures but NO more than 5 pictures. Finished projects cannot be computer generated images (CGI).
The Contest is judged by a panel of professional representatives from the top Sponsors and a “sew-lebrity” guest judge. All votes and decisions of the panel are final.
Judges evaluate all qualifying entries on the following three criteria:
- Overall Look
- Creativity and/or
In addition to the three aspects listed above, in the event of a tie, the judges will take into consideration which project is the most surprising, intriguing, and out-of-the-box.
By participating in Candice Ayala’s Upcycle Challenge 2018, each participant is bound by the terms and conditions below:
- Entrants shall be fully responsible for all costs incurred in connection with their application.
- Only entries submitted in accordance with the directions outlined for the competition will be eligible.
- More than one entry from a person will be welcomed; however, a new application form must be completed for each entry submitted.
- We are not responsible for entries not received for whatever reason, be it technical, electronic or otherwise.
- The host and sponsors of this challenge are not liable for any loss, damage or injury that might occur to the entrants or winners resulting from their taking part in the competition or acceptance of the promotion or prize.
- The host reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants via email.
- The prize is as stated and no other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within 1 week of notification, The host reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick an alternative winner.
- Unsuccessful entries will not be contacted regarding the outcome of the competition.
- The host’s decisions in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this challenge and submitting your project you are aware and agree that your pictures and contact information will be shared with the Sponsors / Businesses involved in this challenge.
- You agree to allow us to share your images online, on social media and in accordance to the challenge.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party NOT affiliated with this challenge.
- By participating in this challenge, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. Participation in the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by California Law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of California.