The Upcycling Challenge is open to participation by all interested persons. HOWEVER, due to high shipping rates, custom regulations and the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older are eligible to purchase kits and compete to win the grand, second and third prizes. International residents 18 years and older are not eligible to purchase kits or win the grand, second, or third prizes. BUT International residents and US residents 18 years and older who do not purchase kits are encouraged to share their upcycled makes from July 01-31, 2019 using the hashtag #CAUpcyclingChallenge for a chance to win weekly prizes that are compliant with their respective international regulations and laws during the challenge. [Click here to see PRIZE page for breakdown of prizes]
Also, Click Here and sign up for our newsletter to stay updated with the Weekly Giveaways.
2019 Challenge Theme:
The Upcycling Journey Start to Finish.
Follow the journey of our participants using the hashtag #CAUpcyclingChallenge2019 or via our social feed page HERE.
PICTURE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Final BEFORE and AFTER photo entries, plus a small description of your project must be submitted via email to email@example.com by 6:59 p.m. PST on July 31st, 2019 to be eligible.
If a participant is under the age of 18, his or her parent must submit the entry on their behalf.
All entries MUST include a BEFORE picture of the original materials used and a minimum of two color photographs of the AFTER completed project. Pictures must be sent/ attached as separate files and not as a collage.
- Pictures can be action shots or flat lays.
- Preferably high resolution photos.
- Pictures submitted with logos are fine.
You are welcome to send any additional pictures but NO more than 5 pictures. Finished projects cannot be computer generated images (CGI).
By participating in Candice Ayala’s Upcycle Challenge 2019, each participant is bound by the terms and conditions below:
- All participants shall be fully responsible for all costs incurred in connection with their application; including cost of shipping and handling of upcycling kits. All kits will be shipped in a medium USPS flat rate box.
- Only entries submitted in accordance with the directions outlined for the competition will be eligible.
- US Participants with Upcycling Kits agree to at LEAST 3 posts per week, highlighting some aspect of their Upcycling Journey.
- All Participants agree to use #CAUpcyclingChallenge2019 in all social media posts related to the challenge.
- All Participants are encouraged to also use #BabylockSewing #WindhamFabrics and #NancysNotions in all social media related posts.
- More than one entry from a person will be welcomed; however, a new email must be sent for each entry submitted.
- We are not responsible for entries not received for whatever reason, be it technical, electronic or otherwise.
- The host and sponsors of this challenge are not liable for any loss, damage or injury that might occur to the entrants or winners resulting from their taking part in the competition or acceptance of the promotion or prize.
- The host reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants via email.
- The prize is as stated and no other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within 1 week of notification, The host reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick an alternative winner.
- Unsuccessful entries will not be contacted regarding the outcome of the competition.
- The host’s decisions in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this challenge and submitting your project you are aware and agree that your pictures and contact information will be shared with the Sponsors / Businesses involved in this challenge.
- You agree to allow us to share your images online, on social media and in accordance to the challenge.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party NOT affiliated with this challenge.
- By participating in this challenge, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. Participation in the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by California Law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of California.
- Entries that foster or encourage hate speech and/or political agenda will be disqualified.
The US Residents eligible for the Challenge contest (those with Kits) will be judged by a panel of professional representatives from the top Sponsors and a “sew-lebrity” guest judge. All votes and decisions of the panel are final.
Judges evaluate all qualifying entries on the following three criteria:
- Overall Look
- Creativity and/or
In addition to the three aspects listed above, in the event of a tie, the judges will take into consideration which project is the most surprising, intriguing, and out-of-the-box.
WEEKLY WINNERS: Will be chosen by IG audience using Stories.
Winners will be announced via the website on August 07, 2019.